Biomes are different types of landscapes located in the players' worlds.
- The most common biome. Most probably the player will spawn in one.
- Green grass grows here, as well as forest trees and mushrooms.
- Slimes spawn during the day here (mostly green slimes).
- Winter themed biome. It is abundant of snow, and trees grow here too.
- It spawns on the same side of the dungeon; opposite side of the Jungle.
- It sometimes fails to generate in a World leaving it without a Snow Biome.
- This biome can be recognized due to its Sand and Cacti.
- This biome may contain a Pyramid, which will have a guaranteed Flying Carpet or Sandstorm in a Bottle in an unlocked gold chest.
- This biome can be recognized due to its dark-green grass. Trees grow here; common blocks are dirt and mud
- It always spawns on the opposite side of the Dungeon.
Making the world evil... - This message appears when creating a new world with the Corruption in it. When trying to generate a world with the Corruption in it, look for this dialogue during world creation.
- There is a 50 percent chance that a world has a Corruption.
- It is recognized due to its dark background, purple grass and trees. Large chasms are underground there, having Demon Altars.
- It is a very dangerous place for new players, due to the strong enemies like Eater of Souls.
. The Crimson
- Making the world bloody… -This message appears when creating a new world with the Crimson in it. When trying to generate a new world with the Crimson in it, look for this in the dialogue during world creation.
- The counterpart of the Corruption, but a little more difficult.
- You can recognize it because of its red texture.
- The chasms in the Crimson widen into a large cave and then split into smaller chasms.
- The Crimson also has Altars but are called Crimson Altars.
- Both can be spread from the clentaminator
Surface mushroom biome
- This is an always artificial biome.
- Players can make one by planting glowing mushroom seeds on mud, on the surface or by using the clentaminator.
- Spawns at the extreme sides of the map.
- Consists of a beach followed by a giant bodies of water.
- Island that floats in the sky.
- Harpies Spawn here, Wyverns/Arch Wyverns in Hardmode.
- Arch Wyverns also spawn and are tougher than normal Wyverns, but drop more souls of flight.
Spawns after beating WoF.
- Has light blue grass and multi-colored trees
- Enemies include Pixies, Unicorns, Gastropods, etc.
- Contaminates adjacent blocks.
- Can be spread by the clentaminator, hallow seeds and Holy water