For the enemy, see Enchanted Sword (Enemy)
The Enchanted Sword is an extremely rare sword. It fires a sword projectile that costs no ammunition or mana and both the sword and projectiles produce lingering sparkles that emit large amounts of light.
The Enchanted Sword can only be obtained by breaking a background item that has a chance of being generated randomly on world creation in the Cavern layer. The background item appears as the hilt of a sword protruding from rock. There are two different breakable background objects that look similar, but only one of them will drop the actual sword.
- The sword cannot auto-swing.
- Its projectiles can fire roughly every 1-2 seconds.
- The concept of a sword being stuck into stone originates from The Sword and The Stone, in which King Arthur was the ONLY person who was able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone.
- The Enchanted Sword shares some similarities to weapons from Legend of Zelda games, including the way it can be obtained, the existence of fake swords, and the ability to fire "sword-shaped" projectiles.
- The design is very similar to the Enchanted Boomerang, and they have similar names.
The fake is on the left, the real one is on the left: