The Goblin Army is a group of enemies that attack during a specific event known as the Goblin Invasion. It takes place when certain criteria are met.
- Goblin Warrior: A Strong Goblin with high health and high defense. They are slower, but are much more resistant to knockback.
- Goblin Archer: A Goblin that attacks from afar using bows and arrows. It aims slowly and releases in a few seconds.
- Goblin Peon: Goblins without special abilities- very easy to kill and vulnerable to knockback.
- Goblin Sorceror: Caster Goblin Enemy. Shoots projectiles at the player that can pass through blocks. Have lowest health of all the goblins.
- Goblin Thief: Faster enemies that can break doors faster as well. Cannot steal from chests, false to their namesake.
The criteria for the Goblin Army to spawn is:
- The player has 200 Health.
- One Shadow Orb has been destroyed.
- A Goblin Army musn't have attacked in 11 in-game days.
The Goblin Army can be defeated easily if good equipment is used:
- The player has a strong sword such as a Phaseblade.
- A Good ranged weapon like Minishark or a Musket is used.
- The Player has Gold or Shadow Armor .
- A Flail (Blue Moon, Ball O' Hurt, Sunfury) is used.
Many strategies can be applied for the Goblin Army:
- A Lava Moat is created, killing the Goblins but not destroying the loot.
- Getting many friends to fight together.
- Using a Vilethorn , that can stun Sorcerors.
- The Goblin Army can attack during Hardmode; but dealing with them becomes easy when the game advances.
- During Hardmode, Goblin Invasion can be replaced by the Pirate Invasion.